closedthecover

closedthecover

The Brim Reaper (Style & Error Mystery #3)
Diane Vallere
A Walk to Remember - Nicholas Sparks I'm not typically one for romance novels but I picked this one up on a whim. I suppose I was feeling sappy and romantic that day. It wasn't amazing and it wasn't terrible, it was your normal romance-in-a-box Nicholas Sparks book.

Essentially the story goes like this...boy meets girl, boy likes girl, a obstacle comes between them, they come back together, someone dies. All of his stories are written like that, at least every one that I've ever read. It doesn't mean they are bad, it just means that they are predictable. I knew what was going to happen, I just didn't know how.

I guess the best way to describe this book is that it was sweet. He was a nice boy. She was a sweet girl. They were a sweet couple. It has a bittersweet ending. Nicholas Sparks is great at hitting the emotional chord in women and really, that is all his books are meant to do. His characters are never the most deeply developed, his stories are never that incredibly profound but they are good enough to make us cry and swoon. Every time a woman cries at a Nicholas Sparks book I believe he considers it a success.