closedthecover

closedthecover

The Brim Reaper (Style & Error Mystery #3)
Diane Vallere

Shine: How to Walk the Talk

Shine: How to Walk the Talk - Nancy Segovia Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matt. 5:16

The Bible tells us we need to “shine before men,” but what does this mean and how do we do it? This is the question that Nancy Segovia addresses in her brief inspirational novella, “Shine: How to Walk the Talk.” At 100 pages, this little book brings the questions and challenges of living a life of devoted faith to the everyman reader. Written from the first-person POV, Shine is a conversational book between author and reader as Segovia uses parables, folk tales and personal stories to examine scripture and inspire faith.

Segovia has a very clear and deep understanding of God’s love and how to go about developing and strengthening a relationship with Him. The book opens with what should be a very simple prompt, to “share our thoughts about Jesus, about whom we believed Him to be.” This was the prompt Segovia’s pastor offered one Sunday and she challenges readers to consider the same. Is He your savior? Redeemer? What about your friend? Confidante? Teacher? Segovia brings this relationship down to a simple form, to perceive Jesus as a friend who will never hurt you, fail you, or desert you. The rest of the book then focuses on how to share the depth of that friendship with the world by “walking the talk” and letting your light shine before men.

Shine: How to Walk the Talk will appeal to all readers regardless of where they are in their relationship with the Lord. Segovia examines scriptures and then applies these verses to everyday life. The lessons are simple and relatable. The end of each chapter provides a little prayer that applies to the lesson and associates the new understanding to behavior. Anyone interested in growing their faith and drawing closer to God will enjoy this short little inspirational book.

Review by Ashley LaMar